Croatian campsites categorisation
Croatian campsites are categorised with 1 to 4 stars. Standards are very similar to the european ones.
Wishing to rise the campsite standards a new Ordinance has been worked out according to which campsites will be marked from 2 to 5 stars.
The new Ordinance application has been delayed, but it already requires a whole range of new investments, that improves their standard even more.
Campsites categorisation criteria
When categorising a camp, the whole range of criteria is taken into account. Some of these are:
- The entrance of the camp - one or two entrances, is the entrance lit during the night, is entrance gated, etc.
- Campsite reception - is the area heated or air-conditioned, does staff speak foreign languages, public phone, use of internet, first aid kit, does it provide information and brochures on what's on in the surrounding area, general appearance of the reception and so on
- Campground internal road infrastructure - are all pitches accessible by road, are the roads/paths lit during the night
- Marked pitches - are they clean of shrubs, are they clearly marked, the size of the pitch, has pitch own parking spot, is there electricity, water and sanitary connection, and so on
- Camp sanitary facilities - the number of facilities in relation to camp size, does it have hot water, shower, are the walls and floor tiled, is there electricity connection for shavers, mirror, towel holder, shelf that guests can use. Also is the sanitary facility ventilation sufficient, is there adequate lighting, the general condition and cleanliness of sanitary facilities etc.
- Laundry facilities - the existence and condition of laundry facilities
- Children play areas - the number and the size, the number of equipment installed in children play area
- Campsite barbecue area - Is there a barbecue area and does it meet health and safety standards (fire prevention)
- Camp waste - collection, containers, ecological recycling, etc.
- The general camp characteristics - ecological position (forest, meadow, etc), landscaping, the cleanliness of camp beach if there is one, maintenance of camp equipment (mobile homes and motor homes for hire) etc.